Monday, March 4, 2013

Let's Tango

















"Aside from the flower, I hadn’t gotten much of a look at her in the car. In my head, I pictured the exotic kind. You know, a stripper, probably my age, with DDD breast implants and a fake tan, so I insisted he clarify.
“What kind of dancer?”When he said tango, I was slightly relieved.
“Do I like her?” I asked. Dad cleared his throat.
“It’s been difficult for you. With Mom. And everything.”
That meant I didn’t like her."

       When Naomi first meets her dad's new fiancée, she's drunk and half asleep in the back of her dad's car. She had not liked her before and for some reason still doesn't. She knows her dad is in love, and she knows that he has never been happier, but she can't let it go. Even though Rosa is a nice person, and understands Naomi's situation, she can't warm up to her.  While in her room she goes through her yearbook trying to understand who she had been. She tries making herself look like she had. Tries to become that same girl, but she just ends up chopping off all her hair. "If no one recognized me, they wouldn’t be upset when I didn’t recognize them either."





No comments:

Post a Comment